Sunday, November 28, 2004

What grand adventure could he possibly have been having all this time...

It is 2am. I am in a dark room. The room is my room. Is it dark because my wife is sleeping--rolling about, occasionally saying something she won't remember in the morning, but essentially, sleeping. I haven't done this in so long that I almost didn't remember my password. If anyone reads this and wonders what the heck happened, I left my cushy, blog 'em if ya got 'em corporate job and have placed myself in the middle of a brand new business, complete with zealous but underexperienced-as-a-boss founder, toadying office manager, to do list that would make the Hedley's take a vacation, and finally, an underlying certainty that nothing I am told can be held as gospel, and that everything I do can and will be used against me in a staff meeting, or thereabouts. In space and small businesses, no one can hear you scream.

On the lighter side, I've enjoyed writing a spot. Perhaps I'll try it again before I'm shut down for inactivity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home