Tuesday, November 02, 2004

United we stood...

Or so it would seem. We've come a long way, baby.
I didn't want to be the only one who got to breathe their political carbon dioxide all over the web this morning. Unlike most, however, I am as of yet undecided. Not undecided about party affiliation or about which candidate I prefer. I'm undecided about whether or not I'm actually going to vote. Honestly, I don't even know if I am registered, or if that matters. This is new to me. I did vote once, for Nader. That was quite a time ago. If nothing else, he sticks to his guns. Even if they aren't loaded.
My boss always says that if you're not informed, please don't vote. I would have to agree with him. Not that there is any excuse for being willingly uninformed. I don't try to make any for that. And even though I am so put off by the whole 'They wear green? Well, we don't wear green and anyone who does weakens America!" diametric opposition syndrome that our good old country has developed a severe case of, I won't even blame my apathy on that. When it comes down to it, I won't make a stink no matter who ends up in there.
Oh, sidebar note--my polling precinct is located at the 1st Baptist Church. No mix of church and state there. I believe the Bible itself says 'Do everything without complaining or arguing...'. I guess we're not going to expect our politicians to follow such a small and wayside command, a suggestion, really (the pirate code is really more of a guideline...), even though it's fine for them to carry God in their back pockets. Maybe that was the mysterious bulge in W's coat...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home