Saturday, December 10, 2005

Pryor Engagements...

Ever notice that life gets overgrown like a garden of weeds and just kind of sneaks up around you, holding you in one spot despite how much you struggle to prune? It's been that way lately, but I don't need to tell you that.

Richard Pryor died today, but I don't need to tell you that.

What I do need to tell you is that I respect genius, I respect truth, and I really admire anyone who can wrap those two up in a hilarious package and thrust it through the mail slot of people's minds on a mass scale.

I'm sitting in my room, wearing an Eddie Izzard shirt, reading an article about Richard Pryor, wondering if I'll ever know even a hint of the rush you can get from causing a room full of hundreds of people to gasp in glee as you etch honesty across their faces with your own voice and words.

But you probably didn't need me to tell you that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home