Friday, September 09, 2005

Random Thoughts...

It's been a long time since I've added to this. I never intended for it to be so long. I have learned if you wait for the perfect opportunity to do something, it will probably never come, and you will probably never do it. Or say it. Or achieve it. I'm just saying...

I read the briefest of news clippings regarding the Katrina disaster the other day. Democrats and Republicans were debating things back and forth, playing their usual game of blametennis. Of course, in acts of God, only the response can be subject to scrutiny, not the atmospheric events leading to or the actual event in and of itself. It's good to know that cabinet members, although I'm sure overwhelmed with the relief efforts themselves, still have time to criticize one another. I understand that decisions need to be made regarding funding and so forth. Do what we do--vote online. Pass the bill. Vote your conscience. Save the debating. Call the week's session and send the suits out into the bowl to pluck cats from trees. It would make better press. It would drive people to the polls. Maybe even me...

Incidentally, my heart goes terribly out to everyone affected by the storm. As do my prayers, clothes and cash. What I can spare of them. Of course, I haven't been through such a storm myself. If I were, I'm sure I would truly learn how much of what I have could be spared, if even myself...

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Maerie, happy birthday to you...(miss you)...

"Futility of futilities! All is futile..."(said the prophet, not I; I just agree)...

I still want to go to Rome...

Why do young new business owners fail to understand that not every employee they have is going to be a carbon copy double of them that will do exactly the same work as they would with the same ethic and effect while accepting entry level wages and dealing with their constant neurotic interference? Or perhaps the three businesses my wife has worked at since moving to Atlanta are the exceptions, and this is all rarely the case. NOTE TO ALL YOUNG NEW BUSINESS OWNERS: Cloning is an option nowadays, and if you do some tinkering, you can probably remove the gene that causes the clone to want some kind of appreciation for doing a good job and simply being who they are...

"My life is halfway through and I still haven't done what I'm here to do..."
-Matt Johnon, The The...

"The great thing in this world is not so much where you stand, but in what direction you are moving".
-It's not a great quote, so I don't mind not knowing exactly who said it, nor the fact that I changed one of the words for it to make more sense, but, you know, it says what it needs to say...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home