Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Once again...

In the interest of not breaking character, I wrote a longish entry to be posted, only work became a disobedient child yesterday and stole my attention, so I left it up over night. This morning, after agonizing to figure out where my mind was at yesterday when I began it, I finished it, complete with a nifty reference the the Dukes of Hazzard. And, of course, after attempting to post it, I found out it was lost. This, then, really is the most appropriate follow-up to my initial entry, although I must say, I'm a bit put-off by it. I understand that far more disastrous things have happened--the Berlin book burnings of the early nazi era, the burning of the library at Alexandria, the invention of the Harlequin romance novel. But those were someone else's words. These are mine. They are like children that I throw around a bit but gererally love. But it's all right. Only God's words will never fade away. Mine are like those little black pills you light on Independence day that turn into ashy snakes. A couple moments of mildly interesting curvature, and then, if I'm lucky, a small stain on the concrete of the collective imagination. And, as this bit has been sitting here for a couple of hours, I shall post it as well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Master of None said...

Realizing that my lost post had not in fact been lost, I feel a bit ridiculous, as if I had gone to great lengths to gather friends to a wake, only to have the deceased arrive, curious as to what the hoopla was about. And, having to time and patience, I'm forced to comment upon myself, to myself, for myself. This is quickly becoming the 'uhg!' blog. Life.

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home